This is a quick entry, serving two purposes: one, to tell you that you can now view more pictures (in case these small doses are not enough) on my Picasa page, which some of you are already familiar with. Follow this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/amwolff87
Second purpose: to tell you that this weekend has been so lovely and peaceful! Lizzie came to Gresham yesterday and I showed her around (the sights include: the library, Café D, my work, my rooftop, and a climb up the Gresham Butte, which provided a BEAUTIFUL and clear view of the mountain). We went, with Jenna, to Portland to meet up with some other JVs at a bar on Mississippi Ave , which was really nice. I didn’t want to part with the $4.50 for a beer last night, but I liked socializing with everyone and I liked the heat lamps and the outside patio.
This morning, we went to Mass at St. Andrew’s, a really cool and really welcoming parish that reminded me of the Mass I attended (with some beautiful ladies) in San Francisco . I know I’ll be back. Then we walked around Alberta , a really fun, hip street with tons of cool cafés. We had tea—I got a delicious pumpkin spice chai!—and enjoyed the gorgeous, sunny day as we strolled back toward Lizzie’s place. We stopped at a farmers’ market where, surprisingly, we got SEVEN samples of vegan chocolate (my favorite was the chipotle chocolate) and some jam (loved the ginger rhubarb—try to make it, Mom!). It was an amazing stroll and such a peaceful weekend. I am now at home, hoping you had an equally restful weekend.
Check out the photos if you have time. Sending love.
Rob: Happy Belated 23rd. You are old.
Retreat Leaders: I prayed for you. Set that campus on fire!
Grandpa: Happy Grandparents’ Day. (Someone pass that message along.)
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment